MACHU PICCHU TICKETS
Definitions and Scope
- PERUWAYS: Name of the portal from which you access our services.
- CUSTOMER: Person interested in purchasing electronic tickets.
- TICKET OF ENTRY: Machu Picchu Ticket entrance cost + credit card fees + Peruways Service fees
General Conditions and your Acceptance
The conditions described here apply to each of the services provided by PERUWAYS, through its portal https://peruways.com, the terms and conditions are public in such a way that the CUSTOMER has knowledge thereof.
The CUSTOMER when making use of our reservation system is accepting the terms and conditions, under which our services are applied; therefore, the CUSTOMER must inform himself in a timely manner.
- TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu are personal and nominative
- TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu are not refundable.
- TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu, are valid by presenting the identity document, the printed Electronic Ticket and a valid student card (if student).
- CUSTOMER who books a student discounted TICKET OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu must provide a valid student card which contains the mandatory information requested by the Peruvian Authorities as described in the section Discounts for Minors and Students.
- CUSTOMER who books a child discounted TICKET OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu must provide a valid passport which proves the child’s age as described in the section Discounts for Minors and Students.
- PERUWAYS will send the TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu to the contact email, with which was made the reservation only if all the visitors’ details and required valid documents are provided.
- CUSTOMER allows PERUWAYS to book the Machu Picchu entrance on their behalf through the Peruvian Authorities as soon as the booking process through our portal Peruways.com is completed.
- CUSTOMER accepts they cannot be refunded if they fail to provide the visitors’ details or mandatory documents on time.
- CUSTOMER understands and accepts that Peruways cannot process an order if the information submitted is incomplete or if one or more visitors’ information is missing within a group order.
- CUSTOMER understands and accepts that once the visitors’ details of all the visitors within a reservation are received, the tickets will be issued within 24 hours. If an order is placed during a weekend or bank holiday, TICKET(S) OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu will be sent the next working day.
- CUSTOMER understand and accept that when they book TICKET(S) OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu for a period of a year for which Peruvian Authorities do not let generate PDF copies of TICKET(S) OF ENTRY yet, PERUWAYS will start the internal booking process and that the PDF copies of TICKET(S) OF ENTRY will be sent to CUSTOMER only once they become available.
- CUSTOMER who book TICKET(S) OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu for a period of a year that Peruvian Authorities do not let generate PDF copies of TICKET(S) OF ENTRY, understand and accept that they cannot cancel their order or be refunded once the internal booking process has been started.
- CUSTOMER, who book TICKET(S) OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu for a period of a year that Peruvian Authorities do not let generate PDF copies of MACHU PICCHU TICKET, will receive a Peruways Reservation Ticket as proof that their booking has been taken into account successfully for the slot and day requested.
- CUSTOMER understands and accept that by booking a TICKET(S) OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu through Peruways website they are being charged for the MACHU PICCHU TICKET entrance cost, the CREDIT CARD FEES and PERUWAYS SERVICE FEES (24USD or 22.80EUR).
- CUSTOMER understands that PERUWAYS SERVICES FEES are additional charges that allow PERUWAYS to issue MACHU PICCHU TICKET, email it to them and process any free of charge modification in accordance with the Ministry of Culture policy.
- CUSTOMER understands and accepts that they will be responsible for any additional cost generated for a paid modification or cancelation of their TICKET(S) OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu.
- CUSTOMER understands and accepts that CREDIT CARD FEES and PERUWAYS SERVICE FEES are not refundable if the Ministry of Culture cancels visits or closes the site on the day booked for a valid, security or health reason.
- CUSTOMER understands and accepts that the Ministry of Culture can change the time of entry to Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu or Mountain for security reasons or for the protection of the archaeological sites without notice at any time.
- CUSTOMER understand and accept that aggressive or criminal behavior, whether violent, abusive, or threatening, will not be tolerated and will result in being denied access to the citadel without the option of a refund.
- CUSTOMER understands and accepts that they will not open a claim or dispute or publish a negative review through any external entity if PERUWAYS follows the terms and conditions.
- CUSTOMER understand and accept that if PERUWAYS agrees to refund part or full amount of the amount paid for a TICKET(S) OF ENTRY to Machu Picchuas a good gesture or following the terms and conditions, CUSTOMER will lose their entitlement to this refund in the case they open a chargeback dispute.
- CUSTOMER agrees to pay any and all chargeback fees in the event CUSTOMER opens a chargeback dispute against PERUWAYS through their financial entity.
- CUSTOMER agrees to pay any and all collection agency fees, court costs, attorney fees or incidental costs associated with collecting, in the event that PERUWAYS must retain a collection agency or law firm to collect past due balances owed to PERUWAYS.
Conditions of Access to the Inca City of Machu Picchu
- For access to the Machu Picchu Inca City, the CUSTOMER must carry the printed TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu and the original Passport / Identity Document that appears on the TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu.
- Student must carry their physical student cards made in plastic material.
- The entrance to the Inca City is valid only for one day, at the date and time indicated on the ticket.
- It is important that the CUSTOMER keep the TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu until leaving the site, as it can be requested by Ministry staff both outside and inside the Inca City.
- Ministry staff reserves the right of access to CUSTOMERS who show any physical discomfort caused by the ingestion of alcoholic beverages or any other substance that alter their behaviour.
- The CUSTOMER who has undue behaviours, which violate morals and good customs, will be turned back from the Inca City.
- The CUSTOMER who pose a security risk to other visitors, or to the staff or partners of Peruways, will be denied access without the possibility of a refund.
- The CUSTOMER must enter only allowed items within the Inca City. The following items are not allowed:
- Weapons of any denomination white, of fire, compression of air, of hunting.
- Combustible liquids such as kerosene, gasoline, petroleum.
- Sound equipment, speakers, or elements that produce annoying noise for visitors, as well as animals that inhabit the Inca City.
Conditions of Change, Ticket Entrance Machu Picchu
- TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu cannot be changed unless we made a mistake on your personal details (name or passport number) or if visitors can prove they have health issues.
- The change of data (if we make a mistake) is made only on the date of visit, correction of names and / or surnames, passport number and / or identity document; remember that Machu Picchu Tickets are non-transferable and are nominative.
- PERUWAYS under no circumstance will be obliged to make any change on TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu
- Once a TICKET OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu is issued, it is not possible to make any change on the visit date, time of entry, passport numbers, names or nationality.
- The changes because of illness are subject to penalties, which vary according to the service and the time in advance that they are presented:
- If the change is requested 3 days before, the penalty is 25 % of the cost paid.
- If the change is requested 4 days or more before, the penalty is 30 % of the cost paid
Cancellation Policy Ticket Entrance Machu Picchu
TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu cannot be cancelled and they are non-refundable or transferable.
Once an order is placed, CUSTOMER allows Peruways to start the internal booking process and CUSTOMER accepts and understands that they cannot be refunded if they fail to provide the visitors’ details or mandatory documents on time.
Discounts for Minors and Students
CHILDREN between 8 and 17 years old can apply for a discounted TICKET OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu. CUSTOMER must provide an identity document (passport or ID card) in order to issue the discounted TICKET OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu provided by the Peruvian authorities. CUSTOMER must send a copy of the child’s documents through our website https://peruways.com/validation or send them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STUDENTS from any part of the world can apply for a discounted TICKET OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu. CUSTOMER must provide a valid student card to prove the student status. A valid student card must contain the following mandatory information:
- Full Name of the Student
- Photo of the Student
- A valid date with a single year of validity (eg: from 01/09/2022 to 30/09/2023). Multiyear cards are not accepted.
- University or school information
Student cards must be made in plastic material. Student cards made in paper material are not accepted.
Discounted student TICKET OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu does not apply to graduate students, masters, or doctoral students or students more than 25 years old.
Student cards without one or more of the mandatory information listed above will NOT be accepted by the Peruvian authorities for a discount.
CUSTOMER who fails to provide the mandatory documents to apply the CHILD or STUDENT discount will not be refunded.
CUSTOMER understands that the CHILD or STUDENT discounts are provided by the Peruvian authorities and not by PERUWAYS.
CUSTOMER understands that discount conditions listed above are defined and required by the Peruvian authorities.
CUSTOMER who cannot provide the required documentation in order to apply the discount can upgrade the ticket category from Child/Student ticket to Standard/Adult ticket in order not to lose the amount paid.
Terms and Procedures of Payment
The prices of our services are expressed in USD American dollars, the required data will be used exclusively to make the purchase of electronic tickets.
The CUSTOMER will have to pay the extra commission requested by the payment method of your choice; percentage commission varies according to the country, which is established by the payment intermediary (bank, credit card, shipping agent).
In the event that PERUWAYS must retain a collection agency or law firm to collect past due balances owed to PERUWAYS, CUSTOMER agrees to pay any and all collection agency fees, court costs, attorney fees or incidental costs associated with collecting.
Exclusion of Liability
PERUWAYS is not responsible for any event that prevents the use of the TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu. Such as: natural disasters, strikes or any event beyond our control that prevents you from using MACHU PICCHU TICKET; Therefore, we will not be able make any refund.
PERUWAYS is not responsible if CUSTOMER does not provide the visitors information or requested documentation on time in order to issue the TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu.
PERUWAYS is not responsible if the data provided by the CUSTOMER are not the same as on the passport, DNI or University ID Card. The TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu is nominal and non-transferable.
PERUWAYS is not responsible if the email address provided by the CUSTOMER is wrong and they do not receive TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu on time.
PERUWAYS is not responsible if CUSTOMER cannot provide a valid student card or valid passport in order to issue a discounted TICKETS OF ENTRY to Machu Picchu.
PERUWAYS is only an intermediary between the CUSTOMER and the Peruvian authorities. Therefore PERUWAYS is not responsible for any accident, loss, injury, closure of the Machu Picchu archaeological site, extra expenses incurred during the use of the services.
PERUWAYS is not responsible in case of closure of Machu Picchu archaeological site on the day of CUSTOMER visit. Therefore, if Machu Picchu archaeological site gets closed on the date of CUSTOMER visit only the MACHU PICCHU TICKET entrance cost could be refunded but not the CREDIT CARD FEES or PERUWAYS SERVICE FEES.
PERUWAYS is not responsible for problems with the train service, transportation bus services and transportation buses to the Inca city, whether due to delays, mechanical damages, cancellations due to climatological or other reasons. The companies that provide this service are responsible for the same.
PERUWAYS is not responsible for the deterioration, partial or total loss of your luggage.
PERUWAYS is not responsible for the transit of the Client inside the archaeological sites of Machu Picchu.
CUSTOMER who cannot carry out the visit to the archaeological site will lose all the right on the entrance ticket and cannot be refunded by PERUWAYS
Términos y condiciones de pago con PayPal o Stripe para servicio de transporte.
Pago no reembolsable, depósito no transferible:
• Solicitamos el Pago Total del servicio de transporte por persona, para la reserva del asiento.
• Para hacer efectiva la reserva, proceder con la reserva y pago a través de la plataforma en línea en nuestra página www.peruways.com
• Una vez realizado el pago, debe recibir una confirmación de su depósito a su e-mail desde la plataforma de PayPal.
• Una vez que la plataforma del portal PERUWAYS reciba su pago, enviaremos una confirmación de su reserva de viaje vía e-mail ó Whatsapp.
• Si PayPal no confirma su depósito de pago, por favor inmediatamente contáctese con su banco y consultar si procedió su pago.
• Si PERUWAYS. no envía una confirmación de su depósito y reserva de viaje durante las 24 horas, por favor contáctese a email@example.com
Pólitica de cambios, cancelaciones y devoluciones:
• Una vez reservado el asiento no aceptamos cancelación ni devolución o reembolso.
• Solamente el Transporte a Hidroeléctrica es transferible: Para esto debe informar hasta 24 horas antes de la salida del viaje mediante un correo con los datos de la otra persona.
• Cambio de Fecha: Para el cambio de fecha del Transporte a Hidroeléctrica debe informar hasta 24 horas antes de la fecha de salida.
• El transporte a Ollantaytambo no es reembolsable ni transferible.
• Desastres Naturales, Manifestaciones, Huelgas o cierre de Ruta: Solamente bajo estás circunstancias, se realizará un reembolso del 70% del monto pagado del transporte o excursiones adicionales más no como las entradas de ingreso, buses para subir o bajar a Machu Picchu.
• Gastos Extras: Si una vez realizado el viaje en bus y ocurra cualquier bloqueo u impedimento en el normal desarrollo del viaje, nuestra agencia no se hace cargo de los gastos extras tales como: noches de hospedaje, alimentación, transbordos o servicios que se tengan que usar.
• PERUWAYS no asume ninguna responsabilidad en caso de perdida del servicio, datos erróneos y/o cualquiera otra situación que impida realizar su viaje.
• Si el pasajero cancela faltando 12 horas o el mismo día del viaje el pasajero perderá el 100 % del billete o servicio contratado sin reclamo alguno.
• La empresa no se hace responsable de la cancelación del viaje por motivos climatológicos externos como huelgas, derrumbes provocado por la naturaleza y ocasionen el retraso o suspenda el viaje no habrá devolución.
• Los pasajeros que no estén a la hora de la salida o en la hora de retorno serán de su entera responsabilidad, perdiendo el servicio sin lugar a reclamo.
• Los pasajeros que decidan separase del grupo o cambiar su itinerario sin informar 12 horas antes, se harán responsables de sus servicios
• Todo reclamo debe hacerse antes o durante el viaje para realizar una solución, pero no se acepta después de finalizar el viaje
• Niños pagan desde los 3 años y deben ocupar un asiento por normas del Ministerio de Transporte del Gobierno Peruano.
• La empresas de transportes asociadas con Peruways cuentan con SOAT Seguro Obligatorio de accidentes de tránsito. Este será usado mientras los pasajeros permanezcan dentro el vehículo.
• Su equipaje viaja en el salón del vehículo, siendo él único responsable el pasajero de sus pertenencias (antes de bajarse del bus, verificar sus pertenencias).
Exclusiones del Transporte: (Según las leyes Peruanas de Transporte)
• A las personas que se encuentran bajo los efectos del alcohol, drogado de otros estupefacientes.
• A las personas que porten armas de fuego, sustancias inflamables o cualquier otro elemento que represente un peligro para la seguridad y tranquilidad de los pasajeros.
• En caso de fenómenos naturales, lluvias, terremotos, que impida el libre tránsito de los vehículos.
• Corte de ruta por conmoción civil (guerras, motines, movilización social).
• Peruways EXCLUYE TOTALMENTE indemnizaciones por concepto de retraso y/o perdidas de vuelos, trenes, autobuses, hoteles o cualquier tipo de eventos ajenos al transporte.
• Cobramos estas tarifas para asegurar su viaje, por desgracia no hay excepciones. Estamos encantados de entregar una carta a su compañía de seguros para ayudar a recuperar algunos de los costos siempre y cuando nos envíen la notificación al correo.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (collectively, hereinafter referred to as the “Terms”) govern your access to and use of the website, peruways.com, Peruways sales points and any mobile applications that are linked to or referenced by these Terms (collectively, hereinafter referred to as the “Website”).
Please read these Terms carefully before using the Website, as they can be amended from time to time. Furthermore, for the sake of clarity, it is stressed that the Website is not engaged in providing any services by itself but is a platform which merely connects the customers with the service providers.
The Users of the Website shall be deemed to have read, understood and expressly accepted these Terms, same which shall govern the transactions involving bus ticket bookings through the Website and shall be binding on the Users. All rights and liabilities of the User and/or the Website regarding the use of the Website and the use of the bus ticket booking facility (hereinafter referred to as “Facility/Facilities”) provided by the Website, shall be restricted to the scope of this agreement.
In addition to these Terms, any other ‘terms of service’ of the application-programming interface (“API”) with which Peruways may tie-up would form an integral part of this Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “API Terms”). However, in the event of a conflict between such API Terms and these Terms, these Terms shall prevail.
Both the User and the Website are individually referred to as ‘party’ to the agreement and collectively referred to as ‘parties’.
1. For the purpose of these Terms, wherever the context so requires, “You” or “User” shall mean any individual or legal entity which has agreed to become a buyer and/or user of the Facilities being offered on the Website.
2. Peruways allows the User to surf the Website or make purchases without registering on the Website. The term “We”, “Us”, “Our” shall refer to the Website and/or its affiliates.
2. Our Website:
Peruways wishes to stress that it work with a transport network which merely connects the customers with the business and with the service providers. In light of the foregoing, Peruways would like to state as follows:
1. The Peruways website works with a transport network, which means that work with local transportation providers in the area you required the service but does not provide the product/services per se. Hence, the limited role of the Website is to connect the ‘buyer’/You and the bus operator/service provider.
2. Consistent with the foregoing, you agree that any liability in relation to the product being sold/ services being offered on the Website in accordance with Peruvian applicable laws shall be that of the ‘service provider and not of the Website/ Peruways. In case of any deficiency in the products/services, You agree to pursue any action arising from such deficiency in the products/services against the bus operator/service provider and not against the Website/ Peruways.
3. You further agree and acknowledge that the Website is only a facilitator and is not, and cannot be a party to, or otherwise control, any transactions offered on the Website.
4. You further agree and acknowledge that all ‘discounts/coupons (if applicable)’ on the Website/prices at which the products/services are being offered by the bus operator on the Website are solely an “invitation to treat” in accordance with the Civil Code and other applicable Peruvian laws and shall not be construed as an “offer” in accordance with the applicable laws. Accordingly, in line with the foregoing, when you request to purchase any product from a ‘seller’ listed on the Website, that would be termed as a ‘valid offer’ under the applicable laws and, once this is done, it shall correspond to the ‘seller’ to either accept or reject the ‘valid offer’ in question. In this regard, note that if the ‘seller’ accepts the said ‘valid offer’, only then would it be tantamount to a ‘valid contract’ as per the applicable laws.
3. User Account:
Peruways may offer the End-User the option of opening user accounts on the Website. The user account may be linked to the User’s email-id or phone number, or both. For the use of the Website by any User, either by registering an account with Peruways or using the Website as guest (unregistered user), the User agrees to the following:
1. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorized access to your account when You use the Website by registering an account with Peruways.
2. By using the Website, either as a guest user or registered user, You authorize Peruways and its agents to access third party websites, including that of banks and other payment gateways, designated by the bank or on the bank’s behalf for retrieving the information requested for processing a customer- generated transaction on the Website.
3. In the event that You use the Website through a registered account, You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
4. In the event that You use the Website through a registered account, You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure, and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorized manner. Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering.
5. We will not be responsible for screening, censoring or otherwise controlling transactions, including whether the transaction is legal and valid as per Peruvian laws.
6. You warrant that you will abide by all such additional procedures and guidelines, as modified from time to time, in connection with the use of the Website. You shall also be liable for complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the use of the Website with respect to the jurisdiction concerned with each transaction.
7. The Website may be used for personal and non-commercial purposes only. Therefore, You are not allowed to re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g. through spider or scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, products or Facility available on the Website for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose.
8. Peruways reserves the right to deny the access to the Website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content at any time without notice if it has reasonable belief that your account is being used for unauthorized or illicit purposes. Any account termination will be duly informed to the User.
4. Membership Eligibility:
1. The use of the Website is available only to persons with a minimum age of 18 years, who can enter into legally binding contracts under Peruvian law. Persons who are “incompetent to contract” within the meaning of the applicable Peruvian laws are not eligible to use the Website. If you are a minor, you shall not register as a User of the Website and shall not transact on, or use, the Website.
2. As a minor, if you wish to use or transact on the Website, such use or transaction may be made by your legal guardian or parents. We reserve the right to terminate your membership and/or refuse to provide you access to the Website if it is discovered that you are a minor or incompetent to contract according to Peruvian law.
By expressing your agreement to these Terms, you shall be bound by the following policies of the Website:
1. This Website may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties (hereinafter referred to as “External Sites”). These External Sites are provided for User’s reference and convenience only. We do not operate, control or endorse, in any respect, such External Sites or their content. The User assumes sole responsibility for the use of such External Sites and is therefore advised to carefully examine the terms and conditions applicable to those External Sites.
2. You must not use commercial links to this Website without obtaining the prior written approval of Peruway. The use of any automated screen capture or screen scraping technologies to obtain information from this Website without the prior written approval of Peruways is an infringement of our intellectual property rights.
7. Use Management:
1. You acknowledge that you only have a limited right to merely use the Website and that you have no right to modify any part of the Website or to reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, resell or access the Facility for any other commercial purposes.
2. You are also under an obligation to use this Website for reasonable and lawful purposes only, and shall not indulge in any activity that is not envisaged in these Terms. You shall use this Website and Facility and any products/services purchased through it, for personal, non-commercial purposes only and shall not re-sell the same to any other person
3. You may not use any meta tags or any other hidden text utilizing the Website or its affiliates’ names or trademarks without the express written consent of Peruways / the Website and / or its affiliates, as applicable.
4. You must not use the Website for any of the following:
1. for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offense or other unlawful activity; and
2. to send, use or reuse any material that does not belong to you; or material that is illegal, offensive (including but not limited to material which content is sexually explicit or which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm), deceptive, misleading, abusive, indecent, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic or menacing; ethnically objectionable, disparaging or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidentiality, privacy or any other proprietary information or right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or relates to or promotes money laundering or gambling; or is harmful to minors in any way; or impersonates another person; or threatens the unity, integrity, security or sovereignty of Peru or the friendly relations with foreign States; or is objectionable or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever; or consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any “spam” to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
1. When you use the Website or send us emails or other data, information or communications, you agree and understand that you are communicating with us through electronic records and you consent to receiving in response communications from us via electronic records periodically, and as and when required.
2. We may communicate with you by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise, as long as you have consented to it. At any time, you may grant, take back or grant again said consent. Peruways operates within the scope of Law 29733 (Personal Data Protection Law), Law 28493 (Antispam Law), the “Thanks, do not insist” Registry and other applicable Peruvian legal provisions
9. Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability:
1. This Website, the Facility, products/services (including but not limited to software) included or otherwise made available to you through this Website are provided on “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or warranty, express or implied, except as otherwise specified in writing by Peruways or on the Website.
2. Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, Website does not warrant that:
1. The Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
2. The information supplied by service providers on this Website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
3. Peruways will not be liable to you in any way or in relation to the contents or use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Website. The Website does not warrant that this Site; the information, content, materials, product (including software), Facility or services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Website; their servers; or electronic communication sent by us, are free of viruses or other harmful components, despite our best and diligent efforts to prevent these incidents.
4. You may be required to enter a valid phone number while placing an order or transacting on the Website. By registering your phone number with us, you consent to be contacted by us for the purposes of said transaction on the Website.
5. We will not use your personal information to initiate any promotional phone calls or sms without your previous consent.
6. For the purpose of booking bus tickets through the Website, we warrant that we shall be responsible for the following activities:
§ Issuing a valid ticket (a ticket that will be accepted by the transport operator); and
§ Providing the customer support and information in case of any delays / inconvenience.
However, We DO NOT take any liability for the following:
3. The transport operator’s bus not departing/ arriving on time;
4. The transport operator’s employees being rude;
5. The transport operator’s bus seats, facilities, etc. not being up to the customer’s expectation;
6. The transport operator canceling the trip due to unavoidable reasons as described in the following clauses;
7. The baggage and belongings of the customer getting lost/stolen/damaged;
8. The transport operator changing a customer’s seat at the last minute to accommodate a lady / child / disable person;
9. The customer waiting at the wrong boarding point (please call the bus operator to find out the exact boarding point if you are not a regular traveler on that particular bus);
10. The transport operator changing the boarding point and/or using a pick-up vehicle at the boarding point to take customers to the bus departure point; and
11. The vehicle used for the journey does not fit the description given to the User by the transport operator.
1. For the use that you will make of any of the payment method(s) available on the Website, Peruways shall not be responsible or assume any liability whatsoever with respect to any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to you due to any of the following:
0. Lack of authorization for any transaction/s; or
1. Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed upon by You and any “bank/s”; or
2. Any payment issues arising out of the transaction; or
3. Declining the transaction for any other reason/s.
2. Please note that:
0. The transactions, transaction price and all commercial terms such as delivery, dispatch of products and/or services are as per principal to principal bipartite contractual obligations between You and the bus operator and the payment facility is merely used by You and the bus operator to facilitate the completion of the transaction. The use of the payment facility shall not render us liable or responsible for the non-delivery, non-receipt, non-payment, damage, breach of representations and warranties, or fraud as regards the products and/or services listed by the operators on the Website
1. You have specifically authorized the Website or its service providers to collect, process, facilitate and remit payments and/or the transaction price electronically. By accepting these Terms, you agree that the Website is an independent contractor for all purposes and has no control of or liability for the products or services offered by the providers on the Website, and paid for using the payment facility. The Website does not guarantee the identity of any User nor does it ensure that You or the bus operator will complete a transaction.
2. You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided through any third party on the Website is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment collection and remittance facility for the Transactions on the Website, using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and credit card payment gateway networks. Furthermore, by providing a payment facility, the Website is neither acting as trustee nor in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the transaction or the transaction price.
11. Carriage Policy:
1. You are responsible for ensuring that your travelling date, time and destination are correct before making the booking/reservation using the Facility, or when you select to confirm your ticket purchase from the internet ticketing system. Please check our cancellation Policy bellow (22) for details about cancellation and refunds.
2. You are responsible for being on board the bus reasonably in advance before departure time. We are not liable if you fail to be on board the bus by the time the coach departs
- The bus operators reserve the right to deny you and your luggage transportation on the bus for any justified reason,
5. The bus operators reserve the right to deny you and your luggage transportation on the bus for any justified reason, including but not limited to:
0. Carrying contraband, illegal substances, fragile or oversize/overweight luggage, unruly behavior, drunkenness or any other behavior that, in the discretion of the operator, affects other passengers’ comfort or safety;
a. Your inability to produce a valid-ID while travelling.
b. The payment of your fare being fraudulent;
c. The booking of your seat having been done fraudulently or unlawfully or having been purchased from a non-authorized person;
d. The credit card with which you paid for the fare having been reported lost or stolen;
e. The itinerary or booking, or the confirmation slip, being counterfeit or having been fraudulently obtained;
f. The itinerary having been altered by anyone other than us or our authorized agent, or having been mutilated (in which case we reserve to ourselves the right to retain such documentation);
g. Your inability to produce a valid and legible boarding ticket for the intended travel. The boarding ticket is prima facie evidence of the transportation contract between us and the boarding ticket holder;
h. Your being considered medically unfit to travel and that, in the absolute discretion of Peruways, you may pose a health threat to other passengers on board;
i. Your failing to arrive on time to board the bus before departure time or failing to board the bus by the time of its departure.
j. The bus operator having refused to carry you or electing to remove you from its unit for the above mentioned reasons; in that case, we reserve the right to cancel the unused ticket and you will not be entitled to further transportation or to a ticket refund. We will not be liable for the consequential or incidental loss, damage, cost, or fee you may incur with the refusal of carriage.
6. Children below the age of twelve (12) will not be accepted for transport unless they are accompanied by an adult.
7. The bus operators reserve to themselves the right to reschedule, cancel, and/or delay any trips and substitute other buses for any reasons they may deem necessary.
8. You are responsible for ensuring that the necessary and valid travel documents, including the relevant passports, current visas and/or identification, are carried with you for the journey. If you are denied entry/exit, held up at the Immigrations Office of the country you are travelling to or from, we will not be held responsible for it and the bus operator shall have the right to continue the journey. We shall not be held responsible for any consequential or incidental loss, cost, and fee incurred by you as a result of this circumstance (see Visitors’ Entry regarding further information on travel documents, regulations and requirements).
- Immigration:Peruways is not responsible for any delays at immigration checkpoints. It is the passenger’s responsibility to bring along valid travel documents and to comply with customs requirements.13. Intellectual Property Rights:
1. The content included on the Website, such as text, trademarks, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of the Website (Peruways), its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by Peruvian and international copyright, intellectual property rights and database protection laws.
2. The compilation of all content on this Website is the exclusive property of Peruways and its affiliates and is protected by the laws of Peru and by the international copyright and database protection laws. All software used on this Website is the property of Peruways, its affiliates or its software suppliers and is protected by Peruvian and international copyright and intellectual property right laws.
3. You may not systematically extract/or re-utilise parts of the contents of the Website without our express written consent. In particular, you may not utilize any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation or reverse-engineering of any substantial parts of this Website, without Peruways ‘s express written consent. You may also not create and/or publish your own database that features substantial parts (eg: prices and product listings) of the Website without Peruways’ express written consent.
4. Our Trademarks are duly registered at various Jurisdictions and you cannot use said trademarks for commercially exploiting your interests without our express permission. We reserve to ourselves the right to initiate legal proceedings if we discover any infringement of our intellectual property rights.
14. Grievance Officer:
In case of any consumer grievance, the End-User may contact Peruways on the email ID provided below:
15. Indemnity and Release:
1. You shall indemnify and hold harmless the Website, Peruways, its subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees, from any claims or complaints, or from any actions including reasonable attorney’s fees, lodged by any third party, or penalty imposed upon such third party, arising out of your breach of these Terms or any document incorporated by reference, or your violation of any law, rules, regulations or the rights of a third party.
2. You hereby expressly release the Website/ Peruways or any of its affiliates or officers and representatives from any cost, damage, liability or other consequence derived from any of the actions/inactions of the providers (third parties) and specifically waive any claims or complaints that you may have in this connection under any statute, contract or otherwise.
We will not be responsible for any loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or unnecessary expenses) nor for any other indirect or consequential loss You may experience when You start using the Website.
- Governing law and Jurisdiction:These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Peru. The courts in Peru shall have exclusive jurisdiction with respect to any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms18. Suspension, Termination or Cancellation
The Website may suspend, cancel or terminate your account registered with us, with or without prior notice, if we believe in good faith that you have breached any of these Terms or any other terms or policies referred to hereunder.
19. Amendment / Modification:
Peruways reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time with or without further notice by uploading the revised Terms on the Website and it is Your duty to keep yourself aware of the revisions to the Terms of the Website.
20. Limitation Of Liability:
THE WEBSITE/PERUWAYS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMS, THE WEBSITE, THE FACILITIES, TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICE, INABILITY TO USE SOME FACILITY OR THE TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICE, OR THOSE RESULTING FROM ANY SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR FROM MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE WEBSITE, BEYOND THE VALUE OF THE LAST TRANSACTION CARRIED OUT BY THE END-USER THROUGH THE SITE.
1. The Parties acknowledge and accept that the electronic format shall be deemed an acceptable means of communication for the purposes of these Terms.
2. These Terms embody the full and entire agreement between the Parties on the subject of ‘terms of usage of the Website’ (save and except the other policies and terms referred to in these Terms) and shall supersede any and all other prior understanding, commitment, representation or agreement, whether written or oral, between the Parties to these Terms.
3. If any provision of these Terms shall be found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
4. In no event will any delay, failure or omission (in whole or in part) in enforcing, exercising or pursuing any right, power, privilege, claim or remedy conferred by or arising under these Terms or by law, be deemed to be or construed as a waiver or abdication of that or any other right, so as to bar the enforcement of that, or any other right, power privilege, claim or remedy, in any other instance at any time or times subsequently power privilege, claim or remedy, in any other instance at any time or times subsequently
- Cancellation Policy for Transportation services
Please note that Peruways sell tickets which are completely non-refundable.
Seats booked cannot be cancelled and they are non-refundable or transferable.
Once an order is placed, CUSTOMER allows Peruways to start the internal booking process and
CUSTOMER accepts and understands that they cannot be refunded if they fail to provide the passengers details or mandatory documents.
- Exclusion of Liability
PERUWAYS is not responsible for any event that prevents the use of the bus ticket such as: natural disasters, strikes, medical conditions, personal reasons or any event beyond our control that prevents you from using bus ticket; Therefore, we will not be able make any refund or modification on your ticket(s).
PERUWAYS is not responsible if CUSTOMER does not provide the visitors information or requested documentation on time in order to issue the bus ticket.
PERUWAYS is not responsible if the data provided by the CUSTOMER are not the same as on the passport, DNI or University ID Card. The bus ticket is nominal and non-transferable.
PERUWAYS is not responsible if the email address provided by the CUSTOMER is wrong and they do not receive bus ticket on time.
PERUWAYS is not responsible if the ticket(s) are not use if the customer did not see the email with the ticket(s) on their inbox or spam box.
PERUWAYS is not responsible if CUSTOMER cannot provide a valid student card or valid passport in order to issue a discounted bus ticket
PERUWAYS is only an intermediary between the CUSTOMER and the bus companies. Therefore, PERUWAYS is not responsible for any accident, loss, injury, extra expenses incurred during the use of the services.
PERUWAYS is not responsible in case of cancelation of bus service on the day of CUSTOMER ride. Therefore, if bus service is cancelled on the date of CUSTOMER travel only the basic bus ticket could be refunded but not the CREDIT CARD FEES or PERUWAYS SERVICE FEES.
PERUWAYS is not responsible for the deterioration, partial or total loss of your luggage.
TRAIN TICKETS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Terms and Conditions of the Agreement
- RAILWAYS COMPANY: Carrier.
- CLIENT(S): Direct passenger(s) or Travel agency(s).
- TRAVEL TICKET: Proof of payment for the contracted transport service.
- DIRECT PASSENGER: A passenger whose travel ticket does not include a third party’s Tax I.D. (RUC).
- POINTS OF SALE: Places where operations related to the sale of travel tickets are carried out in person.
- General Conditions
- In accordance with the provisions of Article 129 of the National Railway Regulations, approved by Supreme Decree No. 032-2005-MTC (hereinafter, the National Railway Regulations), by purchasing the TRAVEL TICKET the CLIENT unconditionally and without reservation, accepts all the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- The TRAVEL TICKET is personal and nominative.
- The transfer of the TRAVEL TICKET to someone else must be done at least twenty-four (24) hours before the departure time of the train, presenting a copy of the identity document of the holder of the TRAVEL TICKET, a copy of the identity document of the new passenger and the TRAVEL TICKET that is being changed.
- The TRAVEL TICKET may only be transfered to someone else when the same conditions under which the original TRAVEL TICKET was issued (fare and type of passenger) are met; in case these requirements are not met the CLIENT must purchase a new ticket. If the transfer is from a child to an adult, PERUWAYS must be paid the difference in rate; if the transfer is from an adult to a child, any difference in rate will not be refunded. If the TRAVEL TICKET was purchased through a travel agency, it must be transferred through it.
- In case the CLIENT needs to update its identification details provided when purchasing the TRAVEL TICKET, it may do so only at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the departure time of the train at no cost, by presenting a copy of his/her ID on the basis of which he/she wishes to perform the update and the TRAVEL TICKET that is being changed. This update can only be made at the Point of Sale of Wanchaq Station and Av. El Sol or through our reservation center at 01-6254848.
- PERUWAYS will make its best efforts to transport CLIENTS and their belongings safely, effectively, fast, promptly and diligently, except in circumstances or factors that are beyond the normal performance of PERUWAYS and/or that may affect the scheduled timetables.
- This transportation agreement is subject to Peruvian legislation, in particular the rules of the National Railway Regulations, its amendments and related rules, which include the health standards issued in connection with the prevention of SARS-COV2. The CLIENT shall take into account in particular the obligations established by the National Railway Regulations reproduced in Exhibit 4 hereto.
- The purchase of TRAVEL TICKETS through the PERUWAYS website is governed by the provisions hereof, as applicable, and also by the terms and conditions set out in Exhibit 3 thereto.
- CLIENTS can obtain their TRAVEL TICKET virtually by downloading the “PERUWAYS eTicket” App from Google Play or Apple Store.
- For in-person exercise of the rights and obligations related to the use of the transport service referred to in these Terms and Conditions, the printed or virtual TRAVEL TICKET must be exhibited.
- Food service on-board during the course of the journey shall be subject to the restrictions and conditions established by the country’s regulatory and health authorities.
III. Conditions for boarding
- All CLIENTS boarding the train must carry and are obliged to show their virtual and/or physical TRAVEL TICKET, valid identity document (National Identity Document, RENIEC Registration Certificate, passport, alien card, birth certificate, as applicable); in addition, the name must match the one entered in the TRAVEL TICKET and in the symptomatology sworn statement. In addition, the documents established in Ministerial Resolution 578-2020-MTC or those amending it will be required. In the case of minors traveling without their parents, the permits required by the applicable legislation for the travel of minors must be exhibited, as applicable: authorization with notarized certification from at least one parent; or authorization from the relevant judge when both parents are not present. In addition, in relation to the travel of minors, the Infants and Children’s Policy described in Exhibit 2 hereto shall be observed. The railway operator reserves the right to check the TRAVEL TICKET before and during the trip.
- In the event that the CLIENT does not show his/her identity document and, consequently, does not sufficiently prove ownership of the TRAVEL TICKET, his/her boarding may be restricted, and no type of reimbursement whatsover shall apply due to such circumstance.
- The railway operator may refuse to provide the transport service, without liability, to passengers whose TRAVEL TICKETS have incomplete or missing information, or who do not present their ID, or the documents referred to in point 1, before or during the trip. Also, each passenger must board wearing a mask, a face shield, and undergo a body temperature check, at the beginning and end of the service observing the restriction of boarding for people who have a temperature of more than 38 degrees, perform the disinfection of the footwear (sole) before boarding the service, comply with the procedure of washing or disinfecting hands in accordance with the provisions of the CARRIER or the station concessionaire , allow the disinfection of their luggage and personal items before boarding.
- In case of loss of the national identity document, the CLIENT may produce as identification the copy of said document issued by the National Register of Identification and Civil Status – RENIEC. In case of loss of the alien card or passport of foreign passengers, the CLIENT may produce as identification the legible copy of said document (physical or virtual) and the copy of the corresponding police report.
- The virtual presentation of identity documents is allowed in order to identify the CLIENT without having to manipulate his/her documents. However, in case of doubt or lack of clarity, PERUWAYS may require the original identity documents to be displayed.
- Passengers must arrive at the station 30 minutes before the boarding time shown on their TRAVEL TICKET. The stations have limited capacity and, therefore, if passengers do not arrive on time, access could be restricted.
- At each station, passengers must comply with the relevant safety and health protocols for entry. Each passenger must board wearing a mask, a face shield, and undergo a body temperature check at the beginning and end of the service, observing the restriction of boarding for people who have a temperature of more than 38 degrees, perform the disinfection of the footwear (sole) before boarding the service, comply with the procedure of washing or disinfecting hands in accordance with the provisions of the CARRIER or the station concessionaire, allow the disinfection of their luggage and personal items before boarding. In the event that a passenger does not comply with the safety conditions set out above, the station concessionaire will not allow him/her to enter.
- PERUWAYS reserves the right to restrict or deny the use of its services to individuals whose health status is inadequate to make the trip and/or women in advanced stages of pregnancy (equal to or greater than seven months).
- A passenger whose health condition may imply that he/she must be transferred by emergency or evacuation, must contact a representative of the Ministry of Health, travel with a companion and carry the relevant documentation to attend to any situation regarding his/her health condition. The passenger and his/her companion must have a TRAVEL TICKET.
- With regard to their health, passengers travel at their own risk.
- In any case, PERUWAYS, will not be responsible for the health or physical condition of the CLIENTS or for any accident they may suffer or problem they may encounter as a result of their health condition.
- In case a CLIENT presents symptoms or health issues during the trip, the train staff will inform the staff of the nearest station in order for it to contact medical staff to disembark and take care of the passenger. The train will continue its journey. Medical, transportation or other expenses arising from this situation will be borne by the CLIENT. If during the trip a passenger shows discomfort that would cause suspicion of being infected with Covid19, the person will be isolated in the car and the concessionaire’s control center will be notified in order for it to make the necessary arrangements with the local health authorities.
- Conditions for the carriage of luggage
- The TRAVEL TICKET only allows transporting the CLIENT and his/her carry-on baggage (01 bag or backpack) with a weight not greater than 05kg/11lb and a maximum size of 62 linear inches/157 cm (height + length + width).
- Boarding with luggage larger than stated above will not be allowed.
- BLOCKING THE EXITS WITH ANY TYPE OF BAGGAGE IS PROHIBITED BY LAW. In this sense, PERUWAYS reserves the right to remove any type of object and/or luggage that blocks any type of exit from the train.
- On the route to Machupicchu (round trip) the CLIENT may request special assistance with his/her luggage by contacting equipaje@PERUWAYS.com, not less than 48 hours before the departure of the train. Such assistance is subject to space availability.
- Passengers are responsible to carry with them their valuables and/or fragile items (money, jewelry, documents, electronic equipment, etc.) during the entire journey, and must not leave them inside their luggage. PERUWAYS shall not be liable for the loss or damage of any valuable.
- On the route to Puno, PERUWAYS has a hold car which allows passengers to carry more baggage than allowed, according to the measurements stated in point 1 of this section. In any case, the additional baggage may not exceed 2 pieces that together weigh 23 kg/50.6lb
- The CLIENT may carry during the trip a reasonable quantity of medicine and items for personal use.
- Before packing its carry-on luggage, the CLIENT must make sure that none of the following items are included: weapons, ammunition, explosives and flammable substances or any substance that may pose a hazard to passengers, crew and/or cargo, among others detailed in the referred section.
- Any baggage-related claim must be made immediately after the arrival of the train at the station to the supervisor on board or to the car manager who is responsible for guaranteeing service at the time of boarding, on board and when disembarking.
- In no case PERUWAYS will be responsible for additional baggage or, if it required special attention, the CLIENT failed to request it as set out in this section.
- The limit of liability for a baggage-related event directly attributable to PERUWAYS and duly verified, that meets the conditions set out in this section, shall in no case exceed US$ 25.00
- Relocation of CLIENTS
- Seats will be assigned in compliance with the provisions of the Ministry of Transport and Communications and, as established by Peruvian regulations. Passengers will not be allowed to change seats during the journey.
- Where for any reason, including operational and technical reasons, acts of God or force majeure, PERUWAYS must relocate its CLIENTS to a different service or frequency, PERUWAYS will make its best efforts to contact them and make the necessary arrangements to carry out such relocation. Relocation cases arising from acts of God or force majeure shall not be the responsibility of PERUWAYS.
- The relocation requests made by the CLIENT will be attended by PERUWAYS according to the availability of its services and timetables. PERUWAYS will not assume any responsibility in case the relocation request cannot be met.
- Likewise, if necessary, PERUWAYS may change the seats that it had assigned, taking into account the seating availability.
- No smoking on board the train
- According to applicable law, smoking is absolutely banned in any area of the train, including its public and private areas and toilets.
VII. Special conditions in cases of contingency
- In case of loss or theft of the physical TRAVEL TICKET, passengers have 3 options:
- Download the PERUWAYS eTicket app on their phone from the Play Store for Android or Apple Store for IOS and view their virtual ticket and payment voucher.
- Obtain a new ticket by visiting www.PERUWAYS.com to reprint the TRAVEL TICKET clicking on the following link: http://bit.ly/imprimir-ticket
- Approach one of the Points of Sale, where they can request that the ticket be forwarded to their email. Passengers must do the above at least sixty (60) minutes before the departure of the train; otherwise, they will lose the contracted service.
- If the CLIENT misses the trip due to unjustified delays, either due to flight delays (weather conditions), strikes or stoppages, verified health conditions, PERUWAYS will assess each case and offer, in its sole discretion and to the extent possible, the possibility of changing the date of travel, depending on space availability. Under no circumstances will PERUWAYS grant any refund.
VIII. Limits of liability
Train departures and continuity of travel are subject to change due to weather conditions, technical reasons, route conditions, acts of God or force majeure.
- PERUWAYS assumes no obligation or liability for any change, delay and/or stopover, reasonably necessary or unavoidable, prior to or after the start of the contracted service, which occurs as a result of an action, omission or any other unexpected or unpredictable event, act or circumstance beyond PERUWAYS’s control, including alleged acts of God or force majeure.
- If necessary, PERUWAYS may modify the timetables, stopovers or start and end station of the travel route, making every effort to advise the CLIENT in advance. If the CLIENT disagrees with these changes, he/she can cancel the trip and request the refund of the TRAVEL TICKET, which will be made by credit note.
- PERUWAYS undertakes to make every effort to transport the CLIENT and his/her baggage with reasonable punctuality. The times indicated in the TRAVEL TICKET or some other publication are not guaranteed as to their compliance as they may vary for reasons of sudden force majeure, safety or other extraordinary circumstances or events beyond the company’s control. PERUWAYS will take all reasonable and possible measures to avoid delays in the transport of its passengers and luggage. If for any reason, duly proven and directly attributable to PERUWAYS, there is any delay in the start of the trip in excess of 2 hours, PERUWAYS’s liability will be limited only to returning an amount not greater than the cost of the TRAVEL TICKET to the CLIENTS wishing to cancel their trip. If such delay occurs during the trip, depending on the leg in which it occurs, the liability will be limited to an amount not more than 50% of the cost of the TRAVEL TICKET of the affected leg, according to the criteria established by PERUWAYS’s Return Policy.
- Returns will be made by means of Credit Notes, which may be used by the CLIENT or by a third party to whom this document is transferred for transport with PERUWAYS, up to the date indicated in said document. To do this, the CLIENT must submit the Credit Note at the time of making the change.
- PERUWAYS assumes no responsibility for any damages that CLIENTS or their luggage may suffer, nor for delays in the delivery thereof, or those caused in the issuance of TRAVEL TICKETS arising from situations external to PERUWAYS or any of its suppliers.
- In cases of justified need or acts of God or force majeure, PERUWAYS may, without prior notice, replace the means of transport with an alternative or supplementary one, modify or delete the stopovers indicated in the TRAVEL TICKET or the travel timetables, without assuming any responsibility.
- If after the start of the transport service, for any reason PERUWAYS is unable to complete it, PERUWAYS will take all actions at its disposal to provide the CLIENT with alternative means of transport to complete the trip at no additional cost to it, without any responsibility for PERUWAYS.
- If after the start of the transport service, the train must return to the point of origin, PERUWAYS’s liability will be limited to returning to the passenger the cost of the TRAVEL TICKET by means of a credit note, which will be used for a new TICKET.
- If the CLIENT, without any proven justifiable cause, decides to get off the means of transport of this agreement before its final destination, it will do so at its own risk and responsibility, which must be stated by the CLIENT in writing to PERUWAYS. Likewise, if PERUWAYS, in order to fulfill the service, requires to provide another form of alternative and/or supplementary transport and the CLIENT decides for any reason not to use such service and continue the journey on its own, the CLIENT will assume personally and exclusively the entire cost, risk and responsibility arising from such decision, without obligation or liability for PERUWAYS.
- In any of the cases set out in points 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of this section, PERUWAYS shall not assume any obligation or liability to CLIENTS or third parties for delays or inability to make connections with other means of transport, or not adequately complying with or enjoying the obligations or rights, respectively, agreed with hotels, restaurants or commitments in general agreed with any person, entity or company, regardless of the line of business or corporate purpose.
- Any formalities to materialize the returns referred to in this section will be carried out in accordance with section X of these Terms and Conditions.
- Conditions for changing the date and service of TRAVEL TICKETS
- Changes of date and service shall only be made at least one (1) week before the train departure time subject to space availability, presenting a copy of the identity document of the holder of the TRAVEL TICKET and the TRAVEL TICKET to be changed, indicating the new date or service to be modified. Consequently, requests for TRAVEL TICKETS purchased within or less than 1 week prior to the train departure time cannot be accepted.
- CLIENTS may make non-face-to-face date and service modifications by contacting PERUWAYS’s by email contact@PERUWAYS.com.
- If the change of the service is for the same day, for a service with the same rate, the CLIENT will not have to pay any additional charge.
- If the change is for the same day and for a service with a lower rate, the change will be made at no cost and with no refund for the difference in rates.
- If the change is for the same day and for a service with a higher rate, the CLIENT must pay PERUWAYS the difference in rates.
- If the change is for another date and for the same service or for a service with a lower rate, it will be subject to a 10% surcharge for administrative expenses, without any refund for the difference in rate, with the exception of COVID19-related cases.
- If the change is for another date and for the same service or for a service with a higher rate, it will be subject to a 10% surcharge for administrative expenses plus the difference in fees, with the exception of COVID19-related cases.
- Cancelation policy for train tickets
- Train ticket cannot be cancelled and they are non-refundable or transferable.
- Once an order is placed, CUSTOMER allows Peruways to start the internal booking process and CUSTOMER accepts and understands that they cannot be refunded if they to provide the passengers’ details or mandatory documents on time.
- Any passenger who fails to board the train at its departure, at the station of origin, or at any stations prior to destination, WILL LOSE ALL RIGHTS OVER THE TRAVEL TICKET, and no reimbursement by PERUWAYS will apply.
- PERUWAYS is not responsible for any event that prevents the use of the Train tickets. Such as: natural disasters, strikes, medical conditions, personal reasons or any event beyond our control that prevents you from using train tickets Therefore, we will not be able make any refund or modification on your ticket(s).
- Safety Conditions
- During transport, passengers shall endeavor to maintain the social distancing established by the CARRIER and the corresponding health standards.
- Supplementary entertainment activities will be subject to compliance with the country’s health standards.
- PERUWAYS reserves the right to refuse transporting anyone with symptoms of Covid19 as well as anyone who does not observe the social distancing established for seating or in the queues for boarding or disembarking and/or does not comply with the basic hygiene recommendations when sneezing or coughing at stations or trains.
- PERUWAYS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse transporting any person who has purchased the TRAVEL TICKET unlawfully, or whose TRAVEL TICKET has been tampered with, damaged or manipulated, or that in any way breaches the law applicable to PERUWAYS fares, or the rules and regulations issued and published by PERUWAYS, or that is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or has lost control of his/her faculties in any way, or that, by any circumstance or state, poses an actual or potential danger to his/her own safety and/or that of passengers. PERUWAYS also reserves the right to refuse transporting any person who sells or attempts to sell any product or service within its transport vehicles without having the prior authorization issued by PERUWAYS. PERUWAYS may request the assistance of the National Police or the relevant authorities to deal with the passenger.
- PERUWAYS reserves the right to physically check and search any baggage that may pose a danger to the safety of its passengers and employees.
- The following baggage and passengers will not be allowed on board:
- CLIENTS found under the influence of toxic substances, alcohol, drugs or other substances or who are carrying them.
- CLIENTS whose physical or health condition is not suitable for travel and/or show symptoms of Covid19, in accordance with the rules and regulations issued by the Peruvian health authority.
- CLIENTS who do not wear a mask, face shield and/or fail to observe the health and/or safety measures established.
- Weapons, ammunition, explosives, flammable substances or any other item that poses a hazard to passengers, crew and/or cargo. CLIENTS transporting any items mentioned above.
- Items and/or animals that cause discomfort to passengers due to their size, volume, weight or other characteristics, or that block movement in the cars or can hinder evacuation in case of an emergency.
- Protected animal or plant species, archaeological items or any other item whose transport is prohibited under Peruvian law.
- If the passenger forgets or loses an item during the trip, he/she can contact to request information about it.
- Items forgotten on board shall be kept in custody by the staff of the respective station and taken to the security offices at Wanchaq Station (Cusco). These forgotten items may be subjected to a disinfection process in accordance with the health standards issued for this case. If the items have contact tags, the passenger service staff will contact the passenger for identification and pick-up.
- Items forgotten on board will be kept in the security office of Wanchaq Station (Cusco) for a period of up to three (3) months, after which they will be disposed of through the Asset Security office, without any liability for PERUWAYS.
- Passengers must follow all safety instructions for emergency situations, whether due to internal, external or natural reasons.
- Pursuant to Article 135 of the National Railway Regulations, any person who, whether inside our outside the train, directly or indirectly, endangers or causes any damage to train occupants, rolling stock and/or train assets, shall be placed at the disposal of the police authorities.
- If during the trip a person is suspected to be infected with Covid19, the established protocol will be enforced and the relevant health authorities will be informed.
- During the trip passengers must remain seated and may only use the toilets, and/or other services according to the availability thereof and with prior authorization from the CARRIER.
XII. Conditions and terms for refund for return of items purchased on board
- Train ticket cannot be cancelled and they are non-refundable or transferable.
- Once an order is placed, CUSTOMER allows Peruways to start the internal booking process and CUSTOMER accepts and understands that they cannot be refunded if they to provide the passengers’ details or mandatory documents on time.
- PERUWAYS is not responsible for any event that prevents the use of the Train tickets. Such as: natural disasters, strikes, medical conditions, personal reasons or any event beyond our control that prevents you from using train tickets Therefore, we will not be able make any refund or modification on your ticket(s).
XIII. Personal Data Protection
- The CLIENT will provide PERUWAYS with identification data, which is considered to be personal data in accordance with the relevant legislation. The CLIENT may choose not to provide the requested information, except as necessary for the performance of this agreement.
- The CLIENT authorizes PERUWAYS to store, process and use its personal data for purposes of the agreement. In addition, it accepts to receive commercial information that may be of interest to it.
- The CLIENT declares to know that, in order to exercise its legal rights, such as access, rectification, cancellation and objection regarding its data, it may send PERUWAYS an email to firstname.lastname@example.org–; it may also revoke its consent to process its personal data at any time. The revocation shall not take effect with regard to actions that have been carried out, or against the processing necessary for the performance of a current contract or its legal consequences, or are contrary to treatments permitted by law.
XIV. Restrictions on the sale of alcoholic beverages on board
- According to Peruvian law, the sale of alcoholic beverages to minors is prohibited.
- Similarly, according to Peruvian law, during elections, the sale of alcoholic beverages of any kind is not allowed from 8:00 hours of the day before voting, until 8:00 hours the next day.
- In the cases mentioned above and in any case determined by Peruvian law, PERUWAYS will replace alcoholic beverages with non-alcoholic beverages.
ANNEX 1 – INFANTS AND CHILDREN’S POLICY
Infants and children must travel accompanied by a responsible adult (over 18 years of age) and according to the following:
- Minors between 0 and 2 years of age are considered infants. They will not pay for a ticket if during the trip, they occupy the seat of the responsible adult and the provisions contained herein are fulfilled.
- If a seat is required for an infant, the special rate equal to 50% of the adult’s ticket price must be paid.
- Minors between 3 and 11 years old are considered children. They will pay the special rate equal to 50% of the price of the adult’s ticket.
- If an infant travels with a responsible adult, the infant will not pay for a ticket; having to occupy the same seat as the adult in charge.
- If two infants are traveling with a responsible adult, one of them, for safety reasons, will need an additional seat, for which 50% of the adult’s ticket price will be paid. If the above is not met, the travel of the infants and the responsible adult may be prevented for safety measures .
- Three or more infants are not allowed to travel with only one responsible adult.
- A responsible adult can travel with as many children as permitted by the booking system. Similarly, if an adult travels with an infant, he/she can bring the children allowed by the booking system. If traveling with two infants and additional children, the children must be accompanied by a second responsible adult.
- Children will not be allowed to travel without adult company.
- Seats for infants, children and responsible adults will be reserved according to the available spaces.
- In no case PERUWAYS will assume responsibility for the care of infants and children, who are the sole responsibility of the responsible adult who accompanies them.
- The requirements regarding the health standard established in the country must be met.
ANNEX 2 – PURCHASE OF TRAVEL TICKETS THROUGH PERURAIL’S WEBSITE
Terms and conditions:
In order to protect our CLIENTS from potential electronic fraud mechanisms, the purchase of TRAVEL TICKETS through the website www.PERUWAYS.com will additionally be subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The payment methods authorized to purchase TRAVEL TICKETS through the www.PERUWAYS.com website are: PayPal, Visa, Safetypay and MasterCard.
- When purchasing TRAVEL TICKETS through the PERUWAYS website, the credit card operator verification process will be carried out. In case this verification cannot be performed, the CLIENT will receive an email with a code number with which he/she must personally validate the purchase.The CLIENT may validate the purchase of the TRAVEL TICKET at the points of sale listed in Exhibit 1, within a period not less than one (1) hour before the departure time of the train, for which he/she must present the following information:
- The purchase code number assigned in the email.
- The credit card used to make the purchase.
- Valid Identity Document.
In case the passenger is not the holder of the credit card used to make the purchase on the PERUWAYS website, he/she must present – at the chosen point of sale – photocopies of the credit card and I.D. of the cardholder.For this purpose, PERUWAYS’s web system will establish the points of sale available to carry out the validation process referred to in the preceding paragraph.
- For the validation process, in the event that the CLIENT: (i) being obliged to present his/her physical credit card and valid ID or photocopies of the credit card and identity document of the cardholder, -as indicated in the above page-, fails to do so, or (ii) does present it but the data of the credit card differs from that entered when completing the data of the purchase made through the www.PERUWAYS.com website; PERUWAYS shall have the right to cancel the purchase made.If this is the case, the CLIENT may only take the train if he/she purchases a new TRAVEL TICKET. The provision of the rail transport service or any other service provided by PERUWAYS will be subject to the availability of the respective service.In this sense, PERUWAYS is not responsible if there are no TRAVEL TICKETS available or the specific service that the CLIENT intends to acquire.As stated in points 2 and 3 above, the issuance of the TRAVEL TICKET to the CLIENT is subject to the favorable completion of the validation process carried out by PERUWAYS.Consequently, a TRAVEL TICKET without prior validation by PERUWAYS does not entitle boarding the train nor does it oblige PERUWAYS to provide the transport service.The CLIENT accepts the terms and conditions detailed in this exhibit, releasing PERUWAYS from liability in case any of the above assumptions occurs.
- THE CLIENT can purchase his/her TRAVEL TICKET at www.PERUWAYS.com, a convenient, easy and SAFE means.
- PERUWAYS uses the highest international safety standards and certifications.
- PERUWAYS uses SSL technology, with a certified provider.
- All information entered into our system is strictly confidential.
- Any information provided by the CLIENT during the TRAVEL TICKET sale process will be treated confidentially.
ANNEX 3 – PASSENGER OBLIGATIONS ESTABLISHED BY THE NATIONAL RAILWAY REGULATIONS
- Arrive at the corresponding station in advance as provided in the TRAVEL TICKET, in order to board the respective train in a timely manner.
- Board the train before the scheduled time of departure.
- Travel carrying their respective TRAVEL TICKETS.
- Board or exit the train only when it has come to a full stop.
- Do not board the train in a drunken state or under the influence of drugs, with animals, flammable materials, explosives or weapons.
- Follow the crew’s instructions.
- Do not smoke in the car lounge.
- Do not board the train with baggage whose contents contravene current customs rules, or special laws.
- Look after their carry-on luggage, carried in the car lounge.
- Properly use the toilets.
- Do not enter the driving cab.
- Do not fully or partially obstruct the closing of doors or transit through the corridors.
- Do not look out, lean or put your arms out the windows.
- Do not exit the car, when it has to stop at some stage of the route for any reason, unless otherwise instructed by the crew.
- Do not activate the emergency brake device of the cars.
- Do not advertise or sell goods on trains unless duly authorized by PERUWAYS.
- Do not throw garbage on the floor of stations, cars, or outside them; use the corresponding waste bins.
- Do not break, damage or destroy any object owned by PERUWAYS.
- Do not soil, write or paint on trains, accesses and facilities.
- Do not perform acts that alter order, decorum or good customs.
- Comply with all obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
ANNEX 5 – SPECIAL CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO BELMOND HIRAM BINGHAM SERVICE
- PERUWAYS will send the Symptomatology Data Sheet at the time of confirming the booking and sending the travel tickets to the direct passenger and/or travel agency, as appropriate. THE CLIENT must send the Symptomatology Data Sheet to PERUWAYS within 24 hours before boarding the train. The delivery of this completed and signed data sheet by each passenger to PERUWAYS will be indispensable to take the trip.
- Every family or group of passengers wishing to travel together must approach our registration module – located at the train station – on the same day of the trip, and request the group registration form, which must be completed, signed (by the team leader) and delivered to our staff.
- Belmond Hiram Bingham reserves the right to modify the seats assigned on the purchased ticket, in order to promote social distancing. Confirmation will be given at check-in.
- For the same purpose, the Observatory Bar Car will have 2 work shifts on both ways. In the outward journey, it will open from 9:15 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and from 10.15 a.m to 11.00 a.m. In the return trip, it will open from 17.50 p.m. and 18:20 p.m. and from 6:30 p.m. to 19:00 p.m. Each passenger will be informed of the shift that has been assigned to them. Unless this provision is changed by the Peruvian health authority.
- In case any CLIENT of this service is unable travel for showing Covid19 symptoms prior to boarding and/or because from the Symptomatolgy Data Sheet he/she is suspected to be infected with the disease, he/she and companions may change the date of travel by requesting it up to 30 minutes prior to the trip, without penalty or fare difference; or request a refund. If a refund is requested, it will be made by means of a Credit Note, which may be used until the date stated in said document by the CLIENT or by a third party to whom the transport document with PERUWAYS has been transferred. In order to obtain the Credit Note, the CLIENT must provide evidence that he/she has not been able to board for having presented symptomatology before boarding.
- To obtain new tickets, the CLIENT must present the Credit Note at the time of making a new booking.
(*) PERUWAYS operate by our Bimodal Format (Bus